Professional Teeth Whitening in Ashland for a Dazzling Smile
Everyone wants a red carpet smile, which is why so many people flock to the aisle at the grocery store that has all of the teeth whitening products in it. However, most of the items you find there only work on surface stains; some of them are so ineffective that it’s impossible to tell a difference in the way your teeth look. In some cases, these products may even pose a threat to your oral health!
For people who want reliable, safe, fast, and dramatic results, we recommend professional teeth whitening in Ashland. We offer both in-office and at-home options to help you achieve the bright smile you’ve been dreaming of.
In-office whitening is the fastest route to a dazzling set of teeth. It’s ideal for people who have a special event coming up or who just don’t want to take the time every day to use an at-home whitening kit. Here’s a look at how the process works:
- After your consultation, we schedule you for a thorough teeth cleaning and your whitening treatment.
- Once your teeth are free of plaque, we place protective barriers on your gums and lips so the whitening gel doesn’t irritate them.
- We apply the special Opalescence whitening gel. Its special ingredients work to remove both surface stains and stains that have been plaguing your teeth for years. Unlike with other in-office treatments, no special light is required because Opalescence is chemically activated.
- Each application of the gel stays on your teeth for 10 to 15 minutes. You may need several applications before your teeth reach the desired color. Total treatment time shouldn’t be longer than an hour or so.
Your teeth may be extra sensitive following your treatment, but this should subside within a few days.
If you prefer a more gradual approach to whitening, we can provide you with a take-home kit that includes custom whitening trays and a professional strength bleaching gel. If you closely follow the whitening instructions from your cosmetic dentist in Ashland, you should see amazing results in about two weeks.
At-home whitening is fantastic for people whose teeth are a tad on the sensitive side or who think they may have trouble sitting still for the duration of an in-office whitening procedure.
Maintaining Your Bright Smile
Regardless of which teeth whitening option you choose, we’re confident that you’re going to love your new look! With proper maintenance and care, the results of your treatment could last for years. To get the most out of your whitening procedure, we recommend that you:
- Visit your dentist regularly for checkups and cleanings.
- Stick to an excellent oral hygiene routine.
- Minimize your intake of coffee, red wine, and other foods and beverages that contribute to staining. When you do drink dark beverages, use a straw to minimize the amount of contain the liquid has with your teeth.
- Do not smoke cigarettes or use other tobacco products.
- Perform whitening touchups when necessary.
A head-turning smile could be yours before you know it! Why not talk to your dentist in Ashland about professional whitening treatments?